Get your camera, your kite, and your sunscreen – Washington State Int’l Kite Festival returns with an exciting line-up of events to keep you entertained whether you are 3 years old or 103 years young!
- Monday kicks off with the annual kite train, arches and multi-line stack kites.
- Tuesday is totally tubular! Get ready for Rokkaku Battles, Fighter Kites and Pretty kites!
- Wednesday is Children’s and Senior’s Day with the theme of “Paint Me Patriotic.” Come out in your red, white, and blues and bring your patriotic kites!
- Thursday features Bird Kite Mega Fly as well as a Handcrafted Tribute Fly.
- Friday kicks off the weekend with the NAFKA World Cup Competition, Mass Ascensions, Mystery Ballet, Lighted Kite Night Fly, and FIREWORKS.
- Saturday the fun continues! Sport Kite events will be taking flight as well as the Cody Fly, the Teddy Bear Drop, Mass Ascensions, and FIREWORKS – just to name a few!
- Sunday caps off the week with a dizzying display of Fighter Kites, Sport Kites, Memorial Fly and stunning Mass Ascensions.
Not a kite-flier? Fortunately for you this is a major spectator sport! Come out and watch the sky come alive as kites of all sorts paint the sky. Many food and shopping booths will also be available along the Bolstad approach for you to gander for treats and treasures.