The 2013-14 recreational razor clam season is here!
Get ready to dig! The 2013-2014 Razor Clam Season is HERE and this year is expected to be even better than last year’s banner season with over 6 million razor clams harvested! The whole family can take part in this uniquely Pacific Northwest subsistence activity.
- Dec. 14, Saturday, 4:45 pm; -0.1 feet; Long Beach Peninsula
- Dec. 15, Sunday, 5:26 pm; -0.3 feet; Long Beach Peninsula
- Dec. 16, Monday, 6:03 pm; -0.4 feet; Long Beach Peninsula
- Dec. 29, Sunday, 4:05 pm; -0.2 feet; Long Beach Peninsula
- Dec. 30, Monday, 4:55 pm; -0.9 feet; Long Beach Peninsula
- Dec. 31, Tuesday, 5:42 pm; -1.4 feet; Long Beach Peninsula
- By law, clam diggers are limited to 15 razor clams per day, and are required to keep the first 15 clams they dig. Each digger’s clams must be kept in a separate container.
- All diggers age 15 or older must have an applicable 2013-14 fishing license to harvest razor clams on any beach. Licenses, ranging from a three-day razor clam license to an annual combination fishing license, are available on WDFW’s website at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov and from license vendors around the state.
- The final word on beach openings is announced about a week before each dig is scheduled to start, provided marine toxin tests show the clams are safe to eat.
- Information about current and proposed digs, as well as the location of Washington’s razor clam beaches, is available at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/shellfish/razorclams/current.html.
More information on how to dig, clean and enjoy clams can be found on our funbeach.com Razor Clam page.