Posted on February 11, 2014
Make Your Valentine’s Weekend Escape and Head to Washington’s Beautiful Long Beach Peninsula!
No need for Valentine’s Day in order to enjoy these Top 10 Romantic Activities – you can create your own romantic getaway anytime of the year!
1. Hike North Head Lighthouse Light Keeper’s Trail. This trail offers a smaller path with enough privacy for you to lock lips with enchanting views of crashing waves swirling around you at the iconic North Head Lighthouse at Cape Disappointment State Park.
2. Renew your vows at the Historic Oysterville Church. No ceremony, no distractions, no fuss. Just you and your sweetheart living in the moment.
4. Enjoy a storm with your love. Take pleasure in the wind and rain keeping you indoors. Check into an oceanfront room with a soaking tub and relax.
6. Catch a morning sunrise over the beautiful Columbia River. Start your day off right with an energizing sunrise over the Columbia! Take in the breathtaking beauty of the early morning light as it spills over the bridge and shines through the trees.
7. Feast on delectable local oysters. Oysters are perhaps the most famous of aphrodisiacs and you can’t get them any fresher than straight out of the pristine waters of Willapa Bay.
9. Build a beach bonfire & watch the sunset. Bundle up, roast some marshmallows and enjoy an inspiring beverage while you snuggle up! Adrift Hotel makes it easy as they offer a special bonfire package!
10. Share something sweet! Pick up some delicious cakes and goodies at the Cottage Bakery, create your own box of chocolates at The Candy Man or stop by Jack’s Country Store for a large selection of nostalgic candies!
Events on the Horizon
Peninsula Quilt Guild Show – Ilwaco, March 14-16
FREE WA State Park Day – Peninsula-wide, March 19
Spring Break Family Kite Fun – Long Beach, March 22 – April 20
Beach Clean Up Day – Peninsula-wide, April 19
Tokeland North Cove Studio Art Tour – Tokeland, April 19
Long Beach Razor Clam Festival – Long Beach, April 19-20
FREE WA State Park Day – Peninsula-wide, April 22
Peninsula Arts Association Spring Show – Long Beach, April 25-27
Black Lake Trout Fishing Derby – Ilwaco, April 26