Posted on June 13, 2017
Fourth of July is a time to gather the family and celebrate what’s great about this country. Fourth of July is campgrounds and barbecues, summer music and barefoot dancing. It’s food and fun and friends. And on the Long Beach Peninsula, July 4th is a Beach Friendly celebration.
- This first one is more of a suggestion: Leave it to the professionals and enjoy fireworks at the Port of Ilwaco on July 1 or watch the city of Long Beach’s fireworks show on July 4.
- If you’re going the DIY route, use only legal fireworks during legal hours – 9 a.m. to midnight on July 4, as well as the additional times and dates listed below. Legal fireworks can be bought from roadside vendors on the Long Beach Peninsula. Fireworks bought outside Washington state or on tribal land may not be legal on the peninsula, so play it safe and shop locally.
- Respect neighborhoods and private property.
- Pick up all garbage – pack it in, pack it out. Pay special attention to the tiny bits of plastic and casings that are extremely hazardous to wildlife.
- Respect burn bans. If no ban is in place, beach fires must be 100 feet from dunes and vegetation and no larger than 4 feet by 4 feet.
- Use restrooms, not dunes.
July 4th beach camping rules
Beach camping is not allowed on the Long Beach Peninsula, so be sure to book a room, campground or RV space. Find lodging options here. High tide on July 4 is at 10:45 p.m. so make sure your vehicle is clear of the high-water line if you park on the beach.
Legal hours for holiday fireworks:
- June 28: Noon to 11 p.m.
- June 29 – July 3: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- July 4: 9 a.m. to midnight.
- July 5: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
SummerFest – Now to Sept 2-4
Columbia Pacific Farmer’s Market – Fridays through Sept. 29
Saturday Market at the Port of Ilwaco – Saturdays through Sept. 23
Beach to Chowder 5/10k – June 17
Northwest Garlic Festival – June 17-18
Waikiki Beach Concert Series – June 24
Firecracker 5k – July 1
Feel the Thunder at Port of Ilwaco – July 1
Fireworks on the Beach – July 4
Community Beach Cleanup – July 5
Savings & coupons:
The Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau facilitates, coordinates and implements the promotion of our communities as a tourist destination. Contact us at (360) 642-2400 or email@example.com.